Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wives

David Nassar has a really cool wife. No, I am not coveting her. I'm just telling it like it is! She was all over our conversation about India. She wasn't domineering, arrogant or stubborn. She was quiet and gentle and engaging (1 Pet 3:4). That night, I went home reflecting on all the beautiful wives my friends have. I know a ton of men of God who have amazing wives. There is PJ who's got L and PP who's got B and not to mention PJ who has A and who can forget PD and D and not to mention PD and L.

So many pastors with such cool wives! Maybe I should join the club. I would have totally refused if you asked me a year or so ago. But after meeting women like these, my heart is changing!

To David and all you crazzy men of God with cool wives, YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED!

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."

1 Peter 3:3-6

No comments: