Thursday, May 17, 2007

Great Christian Musicians.

Hello Dear Friends.

I was just reminising about some of the Christian music that has had a huge impact on me. I'm on a Barlow Girl kick at the moment. It's been a long time since I have found music this good in a long time. It made me think of the other great albums out there and the memories they bring. Here is a list of those albums in no particular order.

  • Delirious - Glo
I just love the mix of electric guitars with the crazzzy funk keyboards. I had just discovered Christian music after this album and was pleasantly surprized that there was better stuff out there than on the 106.5.
  • Lifehouse - No Name Face
I was doing a ministry at a Christian Camp at this phase in my life. It was the hardest and most rewarding ministry I have ever done. This album brought much comfort and relief on that lonely island when I sunk into the deepest pit of homesickness I had ever experienced! Nonetheless God was still doing His thing and bringing tonnes of kids to himself.

I'll never forget J. We became so close! He was a passionate and impulsive boy like me. I'll never forget when he asked me to come back to the camp a couple of years after. Oh, I miss J. You never know the impact you can have on people! He is living passionately for Christ.
  • Hillsongs United - To the Ends of the Earth.
We used to listen to this album all the time on our mission trips to PG. I had come back from HM and saw them live and was absolutely touched! Love the mix of electric and acoustic guitars.

The trips were awesome! We held meetings, preached, lead worship, went door to door to share the greatest news on earth, enjoyed the scenic Canadian Rockies, it was awesome! What a great life!
  • Skillet - Alien Youth
I used to absolutely love NIN before knowing Christ. Once Christ took hold of my life, I could relate to Trent Reznor's bleak outlook on life anymore. Skillet was a close rendition to NIN. I love the razor sharp, crunchy riff in 'Stronger.' It was a very bold song. I'd love to see them live. Gosh, I wish the great bands came to this part of the country.
  • U2 - The Joshua Tree
I know their lifestyle and the sins they battle against which are no different than ours. However, I love the church organs and delay effects by the Edge on, 'Streets.' I remember hearing this album all the time as a non Christian. I just loved the musicianship. After Christ, the words took on a whole new meaning!
  • Pillar - Where do we go From Here
I'm a rocker at heart! I love the guitar solo on 'Frontline." It is so unexpectant for a song of this calibre. They got this song totally right. My bro and me loved, "You Can't Bring me Down!" We grew up with edgy, heavy music and it is good to hear some Christian rockers can get it right as well.
  • POD - Sattelite
I Loved 'Alive.' I also loved the Rasta Jesus on there concert set up. I always got a kick of the contextual images of Jesus in the world. In some places He's black, in others he is white and especially in South India where I never understood why they never made him brown with a moustache and pot belly and loonky. LOL! POD decided to make him a rastaman connecting Him with their hispanic roots.

It was quite awesome seeing them play at Ozzfest sharing the Gospel with the Blind Satan worshippers. They were a true light in the darkness and got so much flack for it from Christians. They still stood their ground and didn't compromise!

I'll add more as I remember!

Take a listen if you get a chance!

No comments: