Tuesday, May 15, 2007

'Boring Testimonies'

I meet so many Christians which have what they call a, 'boring testimony." Their testimony goes like this, "I was born in a Christian home. Always knew Jesus... That's it!"

It makes me laugh a little bit! They act so guilty for not being exposed to all the garbage in the world. They seem to feel so bad for not trying drugs, not fornicating, not watching crap movies, basically not being put in recovery, not having STD's, not having horrible images imprinted in their minds.

My I am misunderstanding. I'm sure they are glad that they are releived for not being put through all this but sometimes I see a bit of curiosity like they have been left out from something really awesome or they have no frame of reference over experiencing God's power or grace. I can assure you all that you haven't missed out!

No testimony of Jesus Christ is ever boring. It is how we overcome!

"Andy they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death."

Revelation 12:11

1 comment:

Benita said...

wilson... so i personally don't think my testimony is boring. in fact i praise God for His faithfulness in my life. but in all honesty, most people prefer the total transformation tear jerker stories compared to those like mine. heard a joke once about a pastor that preached and as he finished commented that if he wants people to listen to him, he better go do some really bad stuff, repent, and then come back to preach. then people might pay more attention. i think in Christian circles, we glorify the more colorful stories. that's all :D